12/15/2020, Structure Fire, Poole Hill Road, Douglass Twp.
As Company 95 was operating at the fuel spill at the Boyertown Senior High, the structure fire dispatch went out to assist Company 49 Amity Fire & Rescue, with a reported chimney fire in the unit block of Poole Hill Road in Douglass Berks Township. Ladder 95 was released from the previous incident and responded immediately after the dispatch. The Douglass Police arrived and reported heavy smoke showing and made a working fire. Chief and Engine 49 arrived and confirmed the report and advised the front of the building was open for Ladder 95. The ladder arrived as the second apparatus and setup the main to the roof and chimney while other personnel stretched interior. The fire was in the walls around the chimney. The crew on the ladder main reported no fire in the chimney but smoke pushing from the walls around the chimney. Crews began with opening up the interior and exterior walls to expose and extinguish the fire. After the overhaul was completed Chief 49 released the assignment and the company was available at 08:34 hours. This is the third call in a row for the day for Company 95 beginning with a fire alarm caused by burnt food at the local Dunkin Donuts, the fuel spill, and this structure fire with all the dispatches within one hour from 0600 hours to 0700 hours. Thanks for the dedicated volunteers for responding and mitigating all these incidents.